toplogo toppic
Live Police btn_onlinescanner
Live Police btn_forum


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

August 2004.
September 2004.
October 2004.
November 2004.
December 2004.
January 2005.
February 2005.
March 2005.
April 2005.
May 2005.
June 2005.
July 2005.
September 2005.
October 2005.
November 2005.
January 2006.
February 2006.
April 2006.
May 2006.
June 2006.
August 2006.
September 2006.
November 2006.
December 2006.
January 2007.
March 2007.
May 2007.
August 2007.
September 2007.
December 2007.
January 2008.




Tuesday, September 20, 2005

What's new! 

I've been a bit slack lately in the blogging department. I've had all sorts of issues of late, two of which are health issues.

About 3-4 weeks ago, I went home in agony from work due to a kidney stone in my renal track. I was in agony from about 11:30am sunday morning until 3:30am monday morning.. Then all seemed better. I went to the doctor, and they believed I'd passed a kidney stone. Well.. for the past week, I've now got issues in the pelvic area.. I've been to the doctor and had a CT scan and blood test done, and guess what.. that kidney stone didn't get passed after all.. it's just been taking the scenic route down my renal and urinary track. Talk about uncomfortable.. I constantly feel like i'm busting to go, but I don't actually need to. As of tonight, it's actually starting to sting, and be a nuisance. I have an appointment with a Urologist on Thursday, but i'm not sure what's going to be worse, passing the stone, or contemplating what the specialist might do. I've been told what they do, but I'm trying not to think about it. I hope it passes soon, or finishes it's scenic holiday soon because I want to get on with my life.

The other issue has to do with Zzzzzzzzz.. or in my case, Z z z zz z z z z. Yep.. I have sleeping issues. I completed a sleep diary a few weeks ago, and to the best of my educated guesses, I thought I was getting between 4-6 hours sleep a night which is pretty bad, however, last sunday/monday I did a sleep study at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital Sleep Unit, and in the questionaire I did afterwards, I rated the nights sleep as pretty well the same quality/length as I usually get. Well, I got the results back today. To my astonishment, I only slept 154 minutes.. yep 2.5 hours that night. This means i'm actually averaging around 2.5 hours sleep a night which is quite horrible. Even the doctor said, it's no wonder i'm always feeling tired. The diagnosis is I have Moderate Sleep Apnea. Apparently it's quite severe, but technically, they can't call it severe because I didn't sleep enough. Had I slept all night, I would have been diagnosed as severe.. Kind of a catch 22. Well, it looks like i'll be using a CPAP machine sometime soon. I'm kinda looking forward to it though because i'm desperate for a good night sleep.

Apart from the above two health issues, I've been kinda busy. I haven't been out much taking photo's which is a shame really because my photo club had a competition with a theme of '10 second exposure' which I probably would have done well with. I just haven't had a chance to get out. Hopefully once I have a good night's sleep and get over the kidney stone, i'll become a party animal and will get out more to take pictures. I just don't have the energy at the moment.

Anyway, that's about all for now.